Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A Bunch of Silly Topics, Mostly Pertaining to My Blog

Yeah. That's the best title I could come up with for this post. I spent about 7 seconds thinking it up. Please don't hate me.

Topic #1: I am writing this post to you all, my faithful readers, because I have been very bad about not posting for quite a long time. I'm sorry about that... I've just had very little time, and little attention to devote to blogging. I also seem to be having trouble motivating myself to write the stuff that started me blogging in the first place: Politics. I still have all the opinions I used to have, but getting them out of my head and onto paper (or this glowing screen in front of me) has proven to be more difficult than in days past. It honestly feels like I'm thinking more, but simply writing less. What's wrong with me?!

Topic #2: My 250th post was published on January 6th... Yay me! I just pray I can make it to 500.

Topic #3: I have so many ideas for my blog! And for pretty much everything else... I have too many ideas, and too little time to turn any of them into reality. One such idea is to get a Movable Type blog... I've wanted one since I started blogging, and I'm considering asking for one on my birthday. Would you all continue to read if I moved? Also... I would love to start a podcast, because I think it might help me get out some of the opinions that I can't seem to get motivated to write about. Only problem is that I don't know where to start... or how to find the time. I guess that's just one more thing to consider doing, but never find time for. Maybe it should be my New Year's Resolution!

Topic #4: Check out my Stickam! It's the newest addition to my sidebar... you can use it to listen to music that I can't put on the player at the top of the screen! I'll change out the music every so often (it only plays 3 songs) so you can continually check out the songs in my music library! Also, you can use the Stickam to chat with me if I'm online! Give it a try, and if you like it, get one for yourself!

Topic #5: Tomorrow, on January 12, I'll be getting some of my braces off. My braces, which I've had for five or more years. And that's still not the end of my dental woes which I outlined in Lessons from the Orthodontist's Chair. It seems that my front three teeth are going to come out sometime before the end of January. Long story... I'll try to post it some time.

Topic #6: Mock Trial is awesome.

Topic #7: I don't have much more to write. I'm currently IMing two of my favorite people in the world, and we've a lot to talk about. Bye guys! I'll try to post something worth reading soon!

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

10 Comments:

At Thu Jan 12, 06:52:00 AM, Blogger Kierstyn Paulino said...

LOL I liked your profile to :)

you're one of the few people out there not willing to back down from your beleifs because of poularity :D

 
At Thu Jan 12, 07:35:00 AM, Blogger Kierstyn Paulino said...

oh, and on topic#1

I know EXACTLY what thats like...(been there...still doing that)

Re: podcast..Haha, I've wanted to do one for a long time, I just don't know how to pull it off yet....

 
At Thu Jan 12, 11:08:00 PM, Blogger Clive Dangerously said...

I have 500+ posts. Looking back, that is several weeks worth or hours wasted on my blog.



How depressing.

 
At Fri Jan 13, 08:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey neo!!
i know that i would continue to be a reader if you moved...i like how your blogs are interesting and all of them are pretty fun to read!! i am excited for you that you will be getting your braces off soon:) after my next appointment on feb 28th i will have between 6 and 8 months and then i will get mine off!! that is really cool because if i have to have them for 7 months longer, i will mostly likely have them off by my birthday!! YAY!!! well, i guess i will let you go now, but come check out my blog when you have some time and put up a comment!!!
check ya later,
nicole

 
At Fri Jan 13, 07:31:00 PM, Blogger Abby Berg said...

Hey,
Just thought I would drop a comment because I have been on your blog several times and it looks really good. I also noticed you live in GA. That is neat.
Anyway, ttyl!
-Abby

 
At Fri Jan 13, 11:10:00 PM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

Thanks MVB, I'll definitely consider it... I love having a free blog, but I'm beginning to wish I had more control...

"you're one of the few people out there not willing to back down from your beleifs because of poularity :D"

Haha thanks Kierstyn. Hey, drop me an e-mail some time... my e-mail address is listed on my profile.

Black Mamba,

I don't really consider that horribly off-topic, because it didn't hijack the thread and put it on a completely different course. I'm glad you liked the song! See why I couldn't describe them? I have a few others by them too... all of them are good! Check them out online at http://www.purevolume.com/anberlin. They rock!

I STILL WANT A FEDORA!

Nichole,

That's cool, I hope you can get your braces off! Thanks for reading!

Abby,

Thanks! Yeah, I'm here in Georgia... Rome, actually. One day, I shall escape!

And then I'd just move back... Haha!

 
At Sat Jan 14, 09:38:00 AM, Blogger RobertDWood said...

podcast.yahoo.com has all sorts of stuff for starting.

250 is a lot.

Whats the deal with moveable type?

 
At Mon Jan 16, 12:25:00 AM, Blogger Chloe Elizabeth Anderson said...

I had to laugh! I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't been able to find time to write like they thought they would =P.

I think you would most definetely have continued reaership if you moved (as long as you told us where to go...but you knew that)

 
At Mon Jan 16, 07:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edited by author's request

The fedora I ordered is dark brown and it has a really big brim and the back of it pops up. It's on back order, which kind of sucks. My (dead) grandfather had an awesome one, but he was a tiny little man and it doesn't fit quite right. I'm wearing it and look [awesome] in my new profile pic, though. For some reason old people often have really cool hats.....?

You are right, it is not one bit neat that we are from Georgia. And being from Rome, Georgia makes it like 20934845054123598354x less neat! One day, I shall escape too. OMG I'm like counting down the days until I can leave all this crap behind me and go to Charleston. That will be the best day EVER! I'm actually extremely jealous that you are a senor and get to leave that much before me, and I have to stay here.

"And then I'd just move back... Haha!"

Are you freaking crazy? Why would you move back? I either want to live in Charleston, New York, London, or Toronto. Right now, any place other than Rome, Georgia looks like absolute heaven. Don't ruin your life! Never return to Rome!

 
At Thu Jan 19, 01:13:00 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I had to laugh when I read your braces post! And that day, I had an appointment, and as they were bending over me the post came flooding back... :) It made me want to laugh right there in the dentist chair!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?