Saturday, July 23, 2005

I'm Back, For the Moment

Hi folks!

I got back from Worldview Academy yesterday, and I thought I'd write a brief update...

First off, I'd like to give a shout out to any WVA Alumni who happen to visit my blog; you guys are always welcome here.

I had a great time at Worldview. When I first arrived, I was met with the smiling faces of the staff, and was told that I was in for the best week of my life. Turns out they were right. I really have had the best week of my life. I spent five days there, listening to entertaining and enlightening lectures, getting to know new people, and participating in awesome small group discussions. I wish I could describe the whole week, but I haven't the time (as I must pack yet again for another trip, where I'll be gone until Wednesday) or the ability to put such an amazing experience into words.

I would like to recommend Worldview Academy to everyone ages 13-19 who visits my blog. As I said, it is a Christian worldview, leadership and apologetics camp, and it is well worth the time and money. If you would like information on WVA, by all means, send me an e-mail, and I'll tell you everything I can.

And now, I must go pack. I encourage all teenagers to look into WVA, and remember that if you let me refer you as an alumnus, you will get a $25 discount off of the tuition price. And of course, for more information, visit the WVA website and send me an e-mail; I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Be blessed!
Neo

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

14 Comments:

At Mon Jul 25, 08:10:00 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Your WVA sounds like a somewhat niftish camp however the one in my neck of the woods (Seattle) is full. Oh well, I get a good dose of apologetix from my readings anyway.

 
At Wed Jul 27, 03:35:00 AM, Blogger TheLoneAmigo said...

You know, there's no camp for atheist teenagers encouraging them to try and "convert" people to atheism, or how to work to enact political change for an "atheist agenda" (whatever the heck that would be...).

Just making a point.

 
At Wed Jul 27, 07:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TLA, you forgot about the public school system!

 
At Wed Jul 27, 07:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As well as the pervasive influence of an over-whelmingly secular humanist media.

 
At Wed Jul 27, 10:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This camp sounds like a really great training experience. By the way, Anonymous has a great point there. The public school system is the atheistic equivalent to the WVA or any other Christian apologetics camp.

 
At Thu Jul 28, 06:56:00 AM, Blogger TheLoneAmigo said...

No. It's not. Frak no. Have you ever gone to an American public school?

 
At Thu Jul 28, 06:57:00 AM, Blogger TheLoneAmigo said...

Because I have.

 
At Thu Jul 28, 07:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly have....(1968-1980)and indeed, the only thing glorified (under official sanction) was the works of mankind. There were still vestiges of Christianity at that time, but Madeline Murray and her ilk were already having sway.
The ACLU and like strains of bacteria have thoroughly infected the system in the years since, and I fear it is terminally ill.

 
At Thu Jul 28, 07:40:00 AM, Blogger TheLoneAmigo said...

Well, yeah, because the public school system is *meant* to be secular. A lot of students aren't Christians.

They are not meant to teach Christian doctrine. However, it's no picnic explaining why you don't want to say the Pledge of Alleigance, why you don't want to join the CCC and why you don't go to church.

 
At Fri Jul 29, 09:23:00 AM, Blogger David S. MacMillan III said...

We aren't talking about the environment; we're talking about what is taught.

 
At Fri Jul 29, 09:25:00 AM, Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Don't whine to us Lone Amigo.

The public school system sounds like it might be right up your alley. Run with it. I doubt you'll ever have to explain why you don't go to church and even back in my day it was 'cool' to sit out on the pledge of allegiance.

 
At Fri Jul 29, 11:04:00 AM, Blogger TheLoneAmigo said...

Did I tell you that I've been to public school? Yeah. I have been to public school, and I have had to do all those things that I mentioned. In fact, I've been to public school in three different countries: the USA, Finland, and Australia. You may tell from the fact that I'm now unschooled that I was unimpressed with all of them.

But regardless, school does not exist to promote your particular blend of belief. It's a secular institution, and if you want to learn Christian beliefs, you get Sundays off.

But neither does it teach an atheistic viewpoint. It probably leans more towards the Christian viewpoint. And it shouldn't. It should teach a secular viewpoint, which does not mean atheistic.

And I have conservative Christian friends who do just fine in the public school system.

 
At Mon Aug 01, 07:40:00 PM, Blogger LAURA A. WARMAN said...

I LOVE WVA!!!!!!

I have gone two years, next year will be three! It totally changed my life!

The best week of my life!!

BTW, I love public school. I meet people I would never meet if I was still homeschooled. There is so much mroe witnessing I can do now that I am in public school!

 
At Tue Aug 02, 09:53:00 AM, Blogger TheLoneAmigo said...

I don't care what you believe, believe whatever you want. Just don't expect me too.

And don't force it on others. That means keeping religion out of schools, or, at least, out of control of schools. You want a Christian school where everyone has to do two hours prayer a day? Found one. But the public school system is for everyone, not just Christians.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?