Monday, May 15, 2006

Two Invitations

Hey everyone, I wanted to alert you to something I'm trying to set up... It's a forum for playing the game of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). It's great fun!

If you've never heard of it before, Mafia is a game which pits an uninformed majority against an informed minority... in other words, it's kind of like having 20 blindfolded people fight two or three seeing people.

To read an overview of the game, go here, and to register with my forum, go here.

Also, I have an invitation for all my homeschooled readers: Recently, I joined a forum called TeenHomeschoolHang, a forum exclusively for homeschooled teens. It's a great place, and I'd love to see you all there. Oh, and the Board Administrator recently made me a moderator... Heck yes!

So anyway, I'd be much obliged if you'd check out those two sites.

Cheers!
Neo

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

5 Comments:

At Mon May 15, 01:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there, done that. katherine

 
At Mon May 15, 03:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Mafia, but how on earth do you play online? Most of the strategy comes from reading other people's faces and actions.

 
At Mon May 15, 05:02:00 PM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

It's not too much different from playing in real life... of course, you can't read a person's body language, but you are able to look for other signs, such as who votes for whom, and how they post. It's really not much harder than playing in real life, it just has some different signs.

Playing online adds depth, since players can communicate privately with private messages, or if they choose, e-mails and AIM.

If you like it, you ought to join! I've played online before (though I mostly narrate where I go), and it's fun for us.

 
At Wed May 17, 07:05:00 PM, Blogger paradoxically correct said...

Hmmm...

My dearest brother, your former classmate, came back from his TX mission trip shouting the wonders of Mafia. So, although I haven't played it in Real Life yet, I know the basic rules/regulations.

I'll debate joining. :) It sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm not sure how much time I could dedicate to playing, due to my move and unfortunate disconnection of the phone line. ^_^

 
At Mon May 22, 12:41:00 PM, Blogger nate said...

Hey, Neo--I don't know where you've experienced the phenomenon known as Teenpact yet (and you definitely should), but, they're having their National Convention this week, which I shall be attending. I'm doing a blogroundup for it, trying to get all the bloggers going connected over at my site... Any help you can give would be appreciated. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?