Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Recent Writing #1

Well, as you all might have noticed, posting time has been scarce around here lately. Since my last post, The King's Highway Blog of the Year Award went to a very deserving Agent Tim. Second place in the competition went to world-class blogger Spunky Jr., and third place went to yours truly. Click here to read the final vote distribution and click here to read Agent Tim's very gracious acceptance speech.

Wow, it was a fun competition! Congratulations to Agent Tim, and thanks to all you folks who voted for me! I can't wait 'til next year...

Well folks, until I can satisfy my essay-happy teachers, here's a bit of writing I put on one of my Xangas. It's directed more towards people who know me in person, but I guess it's fit to post over here...

My Philosophy

I'm not what you'd expect. I'm quite smart, but good luck figuring that out on your own; like a secure man wearing pink, I am secure in my intellect, and thus I have no qualms with acting the part of the random idiot. So long as it makes people laugh, anyway... You see, I've found that unless someone is willing to lay down his pride and make a fool of himself, he will inevitably be made a fool of, by a crowd of fools who are too self-conscious to open up and be themselves. That's why I act crazy; you either make a fool of yourself, or are turned into a fool, so if we are all fated to seem like fools, why not make a joke out of the absurd concept of what is or isn't cool?
In this world where we're all too full of ourselves to admit that we act stupid sometimes, that we occasionally slip up and do something geeky, that we have that tendency to babble stupidly in front of the opposite sex, I say the best way for us to all get along is to admit these things freely. We must admit that sometimes we all do stuff that's not cool, or make a joke that's not funny, or trip over our own feet, and we must laugh *with* those who happen to do these things, not at them. But first we must learn to laugh at ourselves.
If you're tired of feeling awkward, stupid, and alone, just remember that everyone feels that way, they're just too insecure to admit it; if you really want to do some good, accept yourself for being the way you are, complete with your occasional geekiness. It's time to drop the mask: We're all uncool, so stop killing yourself to measure up to what everyone else pretends to be. Life is much better when you're not trying to live a lie.

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

10 Comments:

At Wed Nov 09, 10:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow

That's about all I can say. That is so right. It sure cuts right through the 'cool' ideology. It’s sad how so many people are throwing themselves around just to be cool in the eyes of their peers...just to be cut down again at one time or another. It just underscores how much we need to stop looking for everyone else to accept us for what we are not, when we can let our creator accept us for what we are. I most certainly hope that you can post more often.

 
At Thu Nov 10, 02:53:00 AM, Blogger TheLoneAmigo said...

Man, you stated that brilliantly. Too true.

 
At Thu Nov 10, 07:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi jacob it is zack christen broke up w/ her bf 4 u. thot u wood wanna kno...

 
At Thu Nov 10, 07:39:00 PM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

What the...

Aw man...

Jeez.

 
At Thu Nov 10, 08:09:00 PM, Blogger IchobanaRose said...

how true that is, man

 
At Sat Nov 12, 09:28:00 PM, Blogger Clive Dangerously said...

Neo, I just can't seem to see you as the ska type. What are your favorite groups?

 
At Sun Nov 13, 12:12:00 AM, Blogger Clive Dangerously said...

Neo, I've gotta know; Batman... or Superman?

 
At Mon Nov 14, 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Hi Neo! I'm a first time visitor and I'd like to say that you have an awesome blog! Keep up the good work. (That music selection you have at the top of your blog is really cool too; how did you do that?)

 
At Wed Nov 16, 07:29:00 AM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

Clive,

I love ska! My favorite bands are the O. C. Supertones and Five Iron Frenzy, but both have broken up! For the record, I didn't get into ska until fairly recently (say, a year or two ago).

Oh, and uh... Batman for sure. :-D

Swede,

Yeah, I couldn't come to tennis because I was sick. And no, I have not, and will not, "hook up" with Christen. I have this policy about going out with people who dump their boyfriends for me even though we've only met once.

Sara,

Haha thanks Sara. I can get you the code to add the music if you'd like...

 
At Fri Nov 18, 03:50:00 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Thanks Neo! I'd be interested in checking that out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?