Friday, August 13, 2004

The Weblog Review

Well, I've submitted my blog for review on The Weblog Review. So am I a glutton for punishment or what? Meanwhile, my HTML continues to go whacky on me.

I am seriously considering switching to another blog hosting site, but Blogger is the best free one I can find. It's just so flaky. I could upgrade to the paid version of Blogger, but that costs money (obviously). The only thing I can see working out is upgrading the the paid version, and then placing just enough paid ads to pay for my blog.

What do you guys think? Do you know anything about placing ads on your site, and if so, would it be a good idea for me to switch?

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

2 Comments:

At Fri Aug 13, 12:54:00 PM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

Actually, I have a xanga blog, but it seems hard to customize. Xanga seems much less flakey than Blogger, but since I don't know HTML, it wold be hard to customize my site to make it satisfactory. Also, Blogger has more options when you publish. All sorts of cool stuff. My dream blog would probably be Moveable Type, which is what Worldmagblog and its sub-blogs use, but I imagine it would be expensive.

 
At Fri Aug 13, 08:03:00 PM, Blogger D2M said...

I recommend you sign up for a Journal site. They are more complicated than blogs, but that's because you can customize them differently. And to me they are MUCH easier to customize!!

Also, with Journal sites you can get a program called "Semagic" for free. It basically lets you post without going to the website, save entries on your computer, and has button shortcuts for HTML things like picture posting and links. It's very very nice!

I recommend you check out Livejournal.com, GreatestJournal.com, or uJournal.org (uJournal is temporarily down). They are all free!

I have an account in each of these, so I know how they work. GreatestJournal.com is the best if you want all the good stuff of a journal has without paying (they even let you host pictures for free). LiveJournal.com is good for reliability, but they restrict you with certain things (you have to pay). uJournal.org is good when it's up, but they restrict you too unless you pay. The good thing is you can get a year paid account for 5$ with them!

There ya go. That's my advice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?