Tuesday, August 10, 2004

John Kerry, War Hero?

Thanks to Sara for e-mailing me those pics. If you liked the pictures, you'll really like this.

Some veterans who served with Kerry in the Vietnam war are coming out and claiming that he lied in order to receive medals and that he lied about the conduct of American soldiers in Vietnam. The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (Swift Boat Vets FAQs here) is a multi-partisan effort to get Kerry to release his military records and thus show his justification for obtaining a bronze star, silver star, and three purple hearts in a four month period.

The accusations they level at Kerry are fairly serious. For instance, they claim that Kerry lied to receive a bronze star. Kerry claims that he saved a fellow serviceman while under heavy enemy fire from both sides. Other veterans who were at the scene, however, say that there was no enemy fire directed at the boats. SBVT also claims that "It is clear that at least one of Kerry's
Purple Heart awards was the result of his own negligence, not enemy fire, and that Kerry went to unusual lengths to obtain the award after being turned down by his own commanding officer."
I hope this stuff gets out. I don't think a four-month tenure which caused Kerry's fellow servicemen turn against him constitutes heroics, despite what Kerry would have you believe. I encourage you to read the Swift Boat Veterans' site; post a link to them. They have lots of interesting information.

Be blessed!
Neo

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

3 Comments:

At Tue Aug 10, 02:09:00 PM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

That's what the Swift Boat Vets are saying, and I don't think Kerry is above it. They have an interesting site, and I really hope they are telling the truth.

 
At Tue Aug 10, 09:33:00 PM, Blogger D2M said...

Isn't there a thing going around about the SBVT not being reliable? I dunno, I think I heard somewhere that they weren't being entirely truthful.. or something..? Ack. I dunno. I can't remember where I read it. Maybe I'm thinking of something Kerry is saying about SBVT...

 
At Thu Aug 19, 02:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?