Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Home Sweet Home!

Wow, a lot has happened since the last time I updated my blog! Let’s see if I can fill you in…

I believe the last time I left you I was leaving Rockaway, NJ for the Big Apple. That’s right, I visited NYC! It was amazing! First we went on a boat to see the Liberty Enlightening the World, better known as the Statue of Liberty, and of course it was magnificent. But that was just the beginning…

When we got off the boat, there was a man who was trying to get us to take a tour of the city in his limo. He was charging 120 dollars for two hours. While he was talking to us, there was a guy standing behind him motioning to my dad to not take the limo. When Mr. Limo had finished talking to us and left, the guy behind him introduced himself. He and his family live in NYC and they couldn’t bear for someone to pay 120 dollars to see the city in a car when it is better seen on foot. They had simply planned on walking around the city that day, so they invited us along and gave us a tour of the city! We saw so much that it is hard to list it all! We saw Rockefeller Plaza, Fifth Avenue, Trump Tower, the Empire State Building (we didn’t go to the top), and St. Patrick’s Cathedral with a wedding in progress. We also saw THE Toys R Us, their three-story flagship store. We saw Radio City Music Hall, the Wall Street Building, a five star hotel called The Plaza which we briefly went into (so amazingly ornate that it bordered on gaudy), Central Park, and more. We took loads of pictures too!

On the subject of pictures, I’m sorry I haven’t posted many. I’ve been quite busy, but I will get around to posting them. Unfortunately, I have to cut grass during this coming week, so blogging may be scarce.

Anyway, for supper we ate with our tour-guide family at a club called Jekyll and Hyde’s. It was definitely interesting, and hard to describe as well. It was sort of themed around old horror movies…

We had a great time in New York City. After dinner, we had to leave and our friends had to go home. To top off our trip, we got to ride a taxi back to the ferry docks. The trip was probably one of the best experiences I have ever had.

After that, we headed to Hershey, PA for a couple of days at Hershey Park. I had fun there too, though not as much fun as I had in New York. I finished overcoming my fear of roller coasters there, simply by riding them. I ended up riding almost all of the coasters they have by the time we left.

Now I’m back home, and things are fine, though I have a lot to do. I need to start cutting the grass, since I cut it before I left and in a week and a half it has grown back up. Anyway, I should be kept busy for a while with some catching up on stuff. Anyway, I’ve got to go now.

Be blessed!
Neo

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

4 Comments:

At Thu Aug 05, 01:32:00 AM, Blogger LAURA A. WARMAN said...

welcome back!!

The plaza... *drools* Its my dream to go there someday. I tried to convince my grandpa to let my stay there when he takes me to NYC in december but he said ti was to expensive... *sigh*

 
At Thu Aug 05, 04:57:00 AM, Blogger D2M said...

That's so sweet that some locals saved you're family 120$! See? Nice people DO exist! ;)

 
At Tue Sep 07, 07:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well,its good that your back. i would like to visit nyc one day but my family is a little worried about the crime rate there and i dont feel like being mugged in broad daylight. it dosent seem whats the word ummm........plesant???? and you seem like a nice guy. the girl that gets you will be lucky!!!!!

 
At Fri Sep 10, 01:02:00 PM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

Um, Anon? Do I know you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?