Monday, July 05, 2004

CCM Focus: I'm Not Ashamed

There hasn't been a lot to post on, or a lot of time to post lately. Therefore, I'm going to toss a some CCM song lyrics out there for your enjoyment.

This song, I'm Not Ashamed, is pretty much vintage Newsboys. Though it's by no means my favorite song, it has a worthy message.

I'm not ashamed to let you know
I want this light in me to show.
I'm not ashamed to speak the name of Jesus Christ.

What are we sneaking around for?
Who are we trying to please?
Shrugging off sin, apologizing like we're spreading some kind of disease.
I'm saying, "No way. No way."

I'm not ashamed to let you know
I want this light in me to show.
I'm not ashamed to speak the name of Jesus Christ.

This one warns it's lost cause, save your testimonies for churchtime.
The other ones state you'd better wait until you do a little market research.
I'm saying, "No way. No way."

I'm not ashamed to let you know
I want this light in me to show.
I'm not ashamed to speak the name of Jesus

Hmm, I wonder if Bunnie would call this song craptacular. It appears to mention Jesus enough for her, but would she take issue with the cliches, which are scarce (more scarce than in most songs, actually), but nonetheless there.

This song has a good message about boldness. Sometimes we as Christians get too timid, and we need to be reminded that we must be a light to the world. The Gospel is not a disease, but rather, it's the cure. To quote DCTalk,
"The disease of self... is a cancer fatal to my soul"

God's big. I mean really big. Why would we be scared to share the Gospel, the cure for all that ails the world, considering that God is on our side?

"If God be for us, who can be against us?"

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

1 Comments:

At Mon Jul 12, 10:12:00 PM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

Whoa! How dare you even think that I would insult the Newsboys? They are awesome! Don't worry, I would never insult them!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?