Friday, July 02, 2004

The Loneliest Man In Hollywood

Bill Cosby is certainly brave. He has spoken against the gangsta culture which pervades low-income black America, and he continues to hold his ground. GO BILL!!!

Please ignore the liberal slant in the article I linked to; I thought it might be neat to see what the dems think about Bill's "tirade." I wonder what happens to a conservative black man in Hollywood when he speaks out in such a way as Mr. Cosby has? Cosby has said things that white compassionate conservatives have been saying for years, only they said it under their breath to avoid being labeled racist.

I am not a racist; if anyone believes that then he is in a dreamworld where Kerry is president. I am someone who agrees with Bill Cosby. I see behavioral problems in low-income black America (LIBA) which need to be fixed. I also see behavioral problems in low-income white America, and high-income America. The middle class has it's own set of problems. All of these problems need to be fixed.

Unfortunately, every time someone tries to point out the quite obvious problems that bind LIBA, they are labeled as a "racist," and quickly ostracized. I can't even say that all of LIBA has these problems, but all of LIBA has to deal with these problems. The problems that they have are more common in LIBA than in other demographic groups; that is not debatable.

I could go on, but I think that "the Cos" has already said everything I would say, and he has said it better than I can anyway. God bless Bill Cosby.

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

2 Comments:

At Sat Jul 03, 01:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you know that Cosby's politics are conservative? Conservatives are not the only ones who use the language of personal responsibility.

On the left, Jesse Jackson has been saying the same types of things as Cosby for awhile, as have black intellectuals like Henry Louis Gates, Jr. and Cornel West.

 
At Mon Jul 05, 09:14:00 AM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

Wiggie,

I find it interesting that you first judge an entire segment of our population by claiming that conservatives can't be compassionate, and then you decry making such judgments.

Maybe 15 year olds aren't supposed to be able to make judgments, but you are allowed to. In case you don't know, the name NeoFascist? is satirical; liberals frequently call conservatives "neofascists" for no reason whatsoever, so I decided I'd just take that name to begin with.

Your comment has plenty of baseless insults, and it only has one point of worth. You asked what I think about corrupt CEOs, and the truth is that they are just that; corrupt CEOs. They abuse the power that they have, and they should be punished. No two ways about it.

Glad to have you with us, Wiggie (you too, Anonymous). I'll try to check out your blog too. Have a nice day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?