Thursday, July 01, 2004

The Power Transfer

So the Iraqis now have power in Iraq. The transfer of power came two days early, in order to thwart the terrorists who would undoubtedly try to coordinate some attacks and "make a statement."

The situation in Iraq is still not perfect in my opinion. However, I want to hear from you guys on this one.

Was it a good idea to transfer power two days early? Was it a good idea to transfer power at all before Iraq can be reconstructed? Can Iraq succeed, or will it flounder in radical Islam?

What do you think?

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

5 Comments:

At Thu Jul 01, 07:05:00 PM, Blogger D2M said...

Well, I don't think 2 days make so much of a difference in the "big scheme" of things. I'm thinkin' it was a safety issue.

I hope, though, that the USA will continue to support Iraq in getting back on it's feet. I think if we support instead of run (we can't run things well when we have red tape everywhere), we'll be much more helpful. People in Iraq know what's good for them, and I hope that we'll be able to help improve their stanard of living.

I think what I'm most concerned about is getting turned on. They are surrounded by nations who fundamentally hate us (but love our money). It will be very very hard to resist what "everyone else" is saying.

Of course, I also hope that, if they do decide to go against us, that's it for a good reason. The USA can do some freakin' stupid things, and I hope that Iraq can show it's elder how to do things right.

I hope anyway.

Well, there's so much uncertainity! And you can never tell how this type of thing will work out... So I guess we'll just have to wait, pray, and see what happens.

 
At Thu Jul 01, 11:34:00 PM, Blogger David Pulliam said...

I think it was a good idea for the Iraqi's to take care of they're country as soon as possible. I think they will do well if they control it themselves and not NATO.

 
At Sat Jul 03, 06:08:00 PM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

DPO,

How did I know you were going to say that? :P

 
At Sun Jul 04, 07:04:00 PM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Mon Jul 05, 09:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neo,
I could be wrong, but you should be able to delete your double (and triple) posting if you're signed into Blogger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?