Sunday, December 12, 2004

This Scares Me

If you had told me this by word of mouth, I wouldn't have believed it.

Rat Brain Flies Fighter Jet Simulation

This is straight out of a science fiction movie! And honestly, I'm a bit worried about where it will lead. Biological computers? That opens up a completely new world; how long before humans are hooked up to things like this? Is it possible?

I don't know. I do know that the quality of our artificial intelligence would definitely skyrocket (due to the fact that it would no longer be entirely artificial). I also know that it may not stop with rats. I'm all for progress, and I don't want to give the impression that I'm in some kind of hysteria, but I do think that this new ability calls for caution and prudence.

Did anybody else think of The Matrix when they read that article?

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

2 Comments:

At Tue Dec 14, 07:12:00 PM, Blogger Dave Justus said...

I read about this a while ago, and think it is a wonderful advance. Organic matter and computer synthesis will open up possibilities that we have only dreamed of.

Obviously their are ethical considerations in using human tissue (although I doubt that will ever be desired, neurons are neurons as far as we know.)

 
At Sun Dec 19, 10:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rat thing is totally freaky, I hope it does not progress too far, it could become a real problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?