Wednesday, February 09, 2005

A Noisy Gong

That's what we are without love. I ran across an article recently in my World Magazine, and I just had to post it... so here it is.

Strength, Courage, Love

A quote:

One principle of biblical exegesis is that a repeated statement is an emphasized statement. What then do we do with a phrase used at least eight times? Clearly, this is important stuff. But what does it mean to be strong and courageous?

To some it means confronting opponents of Christ on the street. Some activists say that in-your-face protests demonstrate true commitment, and those who speak within sanctuaries are wimps. They claim biblical warrant for yelling at people, "You're going to hell," because if they don't say it the heathen will never hear it. (As if gay newspapers haven't for years printed such comments in order to equate Christianity with hatred.)

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

6 Comments:

At Sat Feb 12, 10:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the most boring blog I have ever been to.

 
At Sat Feb 12, 10:47:00 AM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

And you're the most boring commenter I've ever had.

 
At Sat Feb 12, 02:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No,I don't have a blog. I prefer to look at other blogs instead of doing my own. I wouldn't update it enough.

 
At Sun Feb 13, 03:45:00 PM, Blogger Lewis said...

Neo:

As a (fairly) regular reader, may I make a request? Please?

Do a post on what you're reading. I'd be curious to see what kind of stuff you like.

 
At Sun Feb 13, 06:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No im a conservative, not that i can vote yet since im only 16.

 
At Tue Feb 15, 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Lewis said...

No, I don’t have a blog, but I appreciate your interest.

I’ve thought about starting one, but frankly, I think I would get bored really fast. Blogs, like many new projects, seem to take off with a creative bang, but then fizzle out about 6-9 months later.

Plus, I have a dread of exposing myself to the public eye. As the saying goes, "familiarity breeds contempt". I think my stock of faithful readers would soon evaporate if everyone discovered what I'm REALLY like... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?