Friday, July 16, 2004

The F Scale

Okay, before I get to my post, I've got to say a few things.

#1: Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I've wasn't home from 9 in the morning to 10 at night. Would you believe I was playing tennis the whole time?

#2: Uh, I think the publishing interface has changed for Blogger. I like it so far, but I haven't checked it out completely.

#3: Okay, I can't think of a number three...

Now, about the F Scale. The F Scale is basically a way to "yield an estimate of fascist receptivity at the personality level." Considering my name, I figured this would be a good way to see if I have any fascist tendencies. As it turns out, I scored a 4.03, a perfectly average number. I am "...disciplined but tolerant; a true American."

If I am conservative, and if I am also average, that completely blows the "right-wing extremist," "intolerant fundamentalist," and "out of the mainstream" arguments out of the water. Technically, those who call us conservatives "fascists" are the ones who are not only out of the mainstream, but also quite ignorant. They have no clue of what the fascists actually stood for, and so they choose to draw a comparison between two unlike groups (American conservatives and fascist bigots).

In order to see what you rank on the F Scale, click here--uh, okay, so I just realized that I can't make a link right now. Instead, go to http://www.anesi.com/fscale.htm . Then take the quiz.

I sort of miss the "preview" and "add link" features. I hope they are added again soon.

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

9 Comments:

At Sat Jul 17, 11:28:00 AM, Blogger D2M said...

I got 3.333333 (infinity) score. Which makes me the same as you. Yay!

I thought the German question was funny. ;)

 
At Sat Jul 17, 11:41:00 AM, Blogger D2M said...

[Note: I thought I already commented to this, but maybe I forgot to press send. Eep! Well, here what I was gonna say if I posted. :P ]

I got 3.3333 (infinity). I was average too. You got a higher rating han me. Hehehehe.

 
At Sun Jul 18, 12:12:00 AM, Blogger D2M said...

I suppose you have to balance freedom with responsibility. I don't know, did you take the test?

 
At Mon Jul 19, 12:56:00 PM, Blogger David said...

My score was 3.93, quite normal, thank you very much, though I still consider myself a right-wing extremist (j/k).

 
At Mon Jul 19, 12:57:00 PM, Blogger David said...

I forgot to tell you, Neo, that I'm a HUGE tennis fan and player, too...I just saw that in your post.

 
At Thu Jul 22, 06:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weirdly enough, I got 2.93, a "liberal airhead" label, but I consider myself as totally conservative and "right-wing". Pretty strange.

S. Lewis

 
At Fri Jul 23, 03:52:00 PM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

That is strange, S. Lewis. You seem quite conservative. Perhaps you took the quiz incorrectly, or maybe the quiz is somewhat flawed. Very strange indeed...

Glad to see you here!

 
At Fri Jul 23, 04:44:00 PM, Blogger Lewis said...

Thanks for the welcome, Neo. I spotted your blog while I was browsing, and it looks interesting. I'll definitely be checking your page frequently.

 
At Sat Jul 24, 02:02:00 PM, Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

Thanks! And uh, do you know what's wrong with Worldmagblog? It's been down for a couple of days now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?