Saturday, June 19, 2004

Must...Post...Something...

It's quite late right now, and I have nothing to do. Therefore, I am simply going to post something. I suppose I will just talk about what I'm doing and thinking.

I'm listening to Matthew West's More on the radio. I just LOVE this song. The chorus goes:

I love you more than the sun
and the stars
that I taught how to shine
you are mine
and you shine for me too
I love you
yesterday and today and tomorrow
I'll sing it again and again
I love you more

For some reason, that song just seems so wonderful to me. God's love is so great, even though we have done nothing to deserve it. He made so many immense and powerful objects in His creation, such as the sun and the stars, yet, out of all of Creation, we are the only things to which He gave souls. He wants to spend eternity with us, and I, not being able to completely grasp the concept of His love, can't possibly figure out why.

Now FFH's One of These Days is on the radio. I haven't listened to this song in a while, but man, I love the lyrics. It talks about when we get to heaven, and all the things we will do there. Here's the chorus:

One of these days
I'm gonna see the hand that took the nails for me
One of these days
I'm gonna hold the key to the mansion built for me
One of these days
I'm gonna walk the streets of gold that were paved for me
One of these days
I'm gonna see my Savior face to face
One of these days

I really like this song. Its content reminds me somewhat of the newer song I Can Only Imagine. Heaven's gonna be awesome, I can't wait until I get there. Until then, I guess I will just focus on getting to know God and trying to make the world a better place. I don't mind having to make the best of the little time I have on earth, considering that I have an eternity to spend in heaven.

God is good...

COMMENT POLICY

Please refrain from the use of foul language. Any failure to comply will result in comment deletion.

2 Comments:

At Sun Jun 20, 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Brianna said...

Neofacist,

I also really love those songs. I think that some lyrics can be completely and utterly awesome. Thanks for posting on my page, and fyi I did have a great time at camp. I really do like Casting Crowns, and especially like their song "What if His people Prayed." I'll be looking forward to reading more of your posts. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.

†God Bless†
Bria

 
At Sun Jun 20, 02:40:00 PM, Blogger LAURA A. WARMAN said...

I lovee the song "More" The first time I heard it I was like "Wow...He lvoes methat much!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey Federal Social Security Calculator

Powered by Blogger

Who Links Here Religion Blog Top Sites Whose values?